MACHINE TOOL TECHNOLOGY
- Class Time: Day or Evening
- Semester: Fall or Spring Semester
- Campus: Brooklyn Park Campus
A list of textbooks required for the courses is available from the Campus Store. No tool purchases are required but students are encouraged to start building a basic tool kit for future employment. We will supply a participating vendor list.
To be succesful in this field you should have basic mechanical ability, communication skills, and a math aptitude.
HTC provides clean labs with up to date equipment and software. The program also offers scheduling to fit your life style.
Manufacturing is on the upswing. There is a need for skilled labor in all phases of production. In the metro area there is a strong link and need with the medical devise industry.
Potential Job Titles
HTC is a nationally accredited member of Minnesota State Colleges and Universities. It offers vocational certifcates, diplomas, degrees and transfer curricullum to other MnSCU institutions. NIMs certification is also available through HTC's Customized Training Services.
HTC is an authorized Haas Tech Center and is an active member in the Minnesota Precision Manufacturing Association. It also offers training through Immersive Software and Tooling U and specialized training through Customized Training Services.
HTC offers MnSCU transfer curriculum to 4 year degree programs. It also offers internships with local companies and is active in the apprenticeship programs of many others.
- CNC Operator (Occupational Cert.)
- CNC Swiss Turning Center Technician (Advanced Technical Cert.)
- Computer Numerical Control (CNC) Setup Technician (Advanced Technical Cert.)
- Computer Numerical Control (CNC) Technician (Diploma)
- Computer Numerical Control (CNC) Technician (A.A.S.)
- Quality Assurance (Occupational Cert.)
- Tool and Die/Moldmaking (A.A.S.)
- Tool and Die/Moldmaking (Diploma)
HTC's advisory committee is made up of local manufacturers, vendors, and active alumni. Membership includes corporate representatives from Graco, Kurt Manufacturing, Mate Tool, Lowell Engineering, and Deco Tool Supply. The committee meets annually to review curricullum and shop opearations to insure relevancy.