- Program: Child Development Careers
- Degree: Diploma
- Credits: Total Diploma Credits 32
- Academic Planning Guide:
This diploma provides students with the skills necessary to work in a variety of child care careers. Skills to be developed include planning age appropriate activities which recognize the diversity of children and families. In addition, students will practice guidance techniques and supervise snack, cleanup and other daily routines to provide for a safe and healthy environment.
Job opportunities are available in child care centers, special needs programs, in home care (nanny), family child care, schoolage care, recreational and parent/child programs.
- Develop self-reflective habits as an early childhood professional.
- Implement developmentally appropriate curriculum and teaching practices.
- Apply developmental theories and practices.
- Implement assessment and curriculum cycle.
- CDEV1105 Introduction to Early Childhood Careers 3
- CDEV1125 Guiding Children's Behavior 3
- CDEV1130 Learning Environment and Curriculum 4
- CDEV1160 Observation and Assessment 3
- CDEV1500 Child Growth and Development 3
- CDEV1530 Health, Safety and Nutrition 3
- CDEV1550 Curriculum Planning 3
- CDEV1725 Practicum I 3
- ENGL2121 Writing and Research 4
- Any HTC 1000 level
higher general education course may be used to satisfy the elective requirements.
Academic Planning Guide:
Apply Now Search Awards Search Courses