GENERAL MAINTENANCE TECHNICIAN
- Program: Marine, Motorsport and Outdoor Power Equipment Technology
- Degree: Occupational Certificate
- Credits: Total Occupational Certificate Credits 30
- Academic Planning Guide:
The Marine, Motorsport and Outdoor Power Equipment program at Hennepin Technical College is divided into coursework specific to each aspect of the industry. The emphasis of the General Maintenance Technician Certificate is to provide students with the foundational skills and knowledge needed for a career pathway into more advanced level courses or into an entry-level employment in the industry.
General Maintenance Technicians are qualified for employment in entry-level, general maintenance positions in the Marine, Motorsport and Outdoor Power Equipment industry. Graduates of this certificate can find employment as set-up and maintenance technicians for dealerships, distributers, manufacturers and maintenance facilities.
- Perform quality checks on completed work.
- Employ safety standards.
- Employ skills and procedures to identify parts.
- Service fuel systems.
- Demonstrate troubleshooting and diagnostic skills.
- Integrate customer service and communication skills into repair work.
- MMST1100 Introduction to Marine and Motorsport Technology 3
- MMST1105 Introduction to Engine Theory 3
- MMST1110 Introduction to Fuel Systems 3
- MMST1115 Introduction to Electrical Systems 3
- MMST1120 Introduction to Ignition Systems 3
- MMST1125 Service Management 3
- MMST1130 Introduction to Drive Systems 3
- MMST1145 Trailer Maintenance 3
- MMST2175 Power Equipment Drive Systems 3
- MMST2315 Tune Up 3
Academic Planning Guide:
Apply Now Search Awards Search Courses