- Program: Information Technology/Computer Careers
- Degree: Occupational Certificate
- Credits: Total Occupational Certificate Credits 14
- Academic Planning Guide:
This certificate provides students with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Access computer skills expected by most employers in a variety of business and industry office settings. These courses create a pathway for the Microsoft Office Specialist (MOS) certification exams, as well as address communication styles in the workplace. Students may apply this certificate towards advanced certificates, diplomas or A.A.S. degrees in Workplace and Desktop careers. Courses for this certificate may be delivered in the classroom and/or online. Certificate may qualify for the Workforce Investment Act. Prerequisite: Basic computer literacy, familiarity with the Internet, college-level reading and communication ability, and proficiency in basic mathematics. All students must pass the Computer Literacy assessment test before registering for these courses.
Information on careers, salary and employment outlook, is available on the iSeek and Bureau of Labor Statistics websites: www.iseek.org and www.bls.gov. Search suggestion: General Office Clerk
- Compare decision making solutions.
- Construct relational databases with an efficient design.
- Produce variety of business documents.
- Create dynamic presentations.
- Identify communication styles.
- COMM1050 Communication in the Workplace 2
Academic Planning Guide:
Apply Now Search Awards Search Courses