MICROSOFT OFFICE GENERALIST
- Program: Information Technology/Computer Careers
- Degree: Occupational Certificate
- Credits: Total Occupational Certificate Credits 11
- Academic Planning Guide:
This certificate provides students with Microsoft Office computer skills expected by most employers for an entry-level position in a general office setting. Communication styles in the workplace will also be addressed. Students may apply this certificate towards advanced certificates, diplomas or A.A.S. degrees in Workplace and Desktop careers. Courses for this certificate may be delivered in the classroom and/or online. Certificate qualifies for the Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA). Prerequisite: Basic computer literacy, familiarity with the Internet, college-level reading and communication ability, and proficiency in basic mathematics. All students must pass the Computer Literacy assessment test before registering for these courses.
Information on careers, salary and employment outlook, is available on the iSeek and Bureau of Labor Statistics websites: www.iseek.org and www.bls.gov. Search suggestion: Receptionist
- Compare decision making solutions.
- Produce variety of business documents.
- Provide solutions using office suite.
- Identify communication styles.
- COMM1050 Communication in the Workplace 2
Academic Planning Guide:
Apply Now Search Awards Search Courses