CONTROLS ENGINEERING TECHNICIAN
- Program: Automation Robotics Engineering Technology
- Degree: Diploma
- Credits: Total Diploma Credits 60
- Academic Planning Guide:
The Controls Engineering Technician Diploma degree emphasis is a 60-credit program. The program combines a thorough understanding of how computers and machines communicate as well as system level troubleshooting, Mechatronics systems, Robotic systems, Machine Vision Systems and a solid education in electrical engineering technology fundamentals. Students are prepared to install Mechatronics systems and how to analyze and implement feedback control systems (automation). The emphasis of this program is on the Electronic Control systems utilized in a modern manufacturing facility and on Packaging Equipment.
Career opportunities are wide-spread in Minnesota and throughout the United States. Extensive opportunities exist as Electrical and Electronics Technicians for industrial equipment, Industrial Machinery Mechanics, Industrial Engineering Technicians, Mechanical Engineering Technicians, and as Packaging Technicians.
- Diagnose and solve root problems to ensure production flow is maintained.
- Utilize local area network for remote system control.
- Apply technical documents to the installation and troubleshooting of automated packaging equipment.
- Manipulate objects and dimensions in engineering drawings and electrical schematics.
- Appraise operations for adherence to safety standards.
- Administer controllers to for single and multiple variable systems control.
- Appraise control equipment and systems for applications and operations in automation and packaging systems.
- Utilize project management practices for the life cycle of automation and packaging equipment.
- Integrate automated systems into new and existing packaging and manufacturing lines.
- ARET1125 Power Transmission and Mechanical Systems 4
- ARET1140 Computer Integrated Manufacturing 3
- ARET1155 Automation Controls 3
- ARET1165 Vision Systems for QA/SPC 3
- ARET1170 Troubleshooting Packaging Machinery 3
- ARET1175 Industrial Electricity and Electronics I 3
- ARET1180 Industrial Electricity and Electronics II 3
- ARET1185 Sensor Applications 2
- ARET1190 Programmable Logic Controllers 3
- ARET1200 Introduction to Robotics 2
- ARET2100 Advanced Automation Controls 4
- CMAE1556 Analog Circuits 3
- ARET2110 Advanced Programmable Logic Controllers 4
- CMAE1556 Analog Circuits 3
- ARET2200 FANUC Robotics Operations 2
- ARET2250 FANUC Vision Systems 1
- ARET2500 Industrial Networks 2
- ARET2540 Project Management for Manufacturing 2
- ARET2560 Instrumentation and Process Control I 3
- ARET2580 Instrumentation and Process Control II 3
- ENGC1160 Inventor 4
- ENGC1250 SolidWorks I 4
- METS1200 Industry Practices and Procedures 3
- CMAE1514 Safety Awareness 2
Academic Planning Guide:
Apply Now Search Awards Search Courses