NFPA 1001 FIREFIGHTING
- Program: Fire Protection
- Degree: Occupational Certificate
- Credits: Total Occupational Certificate Credits 9
Academic Planning Guide:
This certificate will provide the student with the required entry level skills to become employed as a firefighter. The courses meet the National Fire Protection Associations standard 1001 for entry level firefighter. Completion of this certificate will make the student eligible to take the Minnesota Fire Service Certification Board exams for certification at the Firefighter 1 and 2 certification levels.
The student will have the required knowledge and skills to be employed as an entry level firefighter with career and paid on call fire departments throughout Minnesota and on a national level.
- Demonstrate firefighting skills.
- Perform basic hazardous materials skills.
- Demonstrate tactical firefighting skills.