- Program: Information Technology/Computer Careers
- Degree: Diploma
- Credits: Total Diploma Credits 42
- Academic Planning Guide:
This degree offers the skills necessary for computer application development and design. The .NET framework will be used to design, code, document and implement computer applications. Exposure to database management systems and client/server theory will further familiarize students with the current trends in distributed processing.
Positions are available as Computer Programmers.
- Construct web based applications
- Write an application that makes use of common business information systems environments
- Create graphical user interfaces
- Create an application that demonstrates the principles of object oriented design
- Design and code business applications
- Develop code using software and languages common to the industry
- Generate data structures using relational databases
- Use a structured approach to solving business problems using a SDLC Methodology
- Analyze business communication systems
- Demonstrate knowledge of program flow and control by writing appropriate application code