- Program: Interactive Design Video Production
- Degree: Advanced Technical Certificate
- Credits: Total Advanced Technical Certificate Credits 18
- Academic Planning Guide:
In this advanced certificate students will learn 2D and 3D animation, visual effects, motion graphics, and 3D modeling. This certificate is for the student who already has a background in film or video. Prerequisite: Video production and editing experience is required to enroll in this certificate program.
Animators and motion graphic artists are needed to work on video games, movie and television special effects, and interactive media. They are also needed to work on 3D animated movies. In addition, growth will occur due to an increasing need for computer graphics in the growing number of mobile technologies. Occupational titles include animator, motion graphics artist, special effects designer, effects artists, digital artist, media designer, media artist, 3D designer, 3D artist, and 3D animator, and concept artist.
- Create assets for film, video, and games
- Demonstrate the ability to generate mood, emotion, character, and story
- Demonstrate mastery of animation and motion graphics software and technology
- Create animations using both 2D and 3D techniques
- Understand workflow and production processes in animation and motion graphics
- Any ARSP, MGDP, MMVP -or- PRPO course not required for this award can be used as an elective.