- Program: Woodworking Technology
- Degree: Associate in Applied Science Degree
- Credits: Total Associate in Applied Science Degree Credits 72
- Academic Planning Guide:
Cabinetmakers perform hand and machine operations including cutting, shaping and assembly for the construction of store fixtures, office furniture, residential cabinetry, residential furniture and other articles of wood or related materials. The Cabinetmaking program at Hennepin Technical College is divided into specific courses designed to introduce the many aspects of the cabinetmaking field. Emphasis will be placed on precision manufacturing, safety, traditional and computerized layout and design, blueprint reading and quality.
Graduates of this program choose careers in many different venues including residential cabinet shops, store fixture shops, furniture manufacturers, millwork shops and plastics industries. Some graduates operate their own businesses or shops.
- Operate woodworking machinery safely and effectively.
- Design cabinetry and furniture.
- Lay out cabinetry and furniture.
- Determine appropriate materials for project.
- Interpret blueprints and shop drawings.
- Coordinate production operations.
- Produce cabinetry and furniture.
- Apply wood finishes.
- Fabricate laminate and solid surface materials.
- Estimate costs of cabinetry and furniture.
- CBTG1110 Joinery 2
- CBTG1121 Power Tool Operation 5
- CBTG1130 Materials 1
- CBTG1141 Basic Case Construction 4
- CBTG1170 AutoCAD 4
- CBTG1211 Laminated Product Fabrication 4
- CBTG1220 Blueprint Reading and Shop Drawings 3
- CBTG1230 Wood Finishing 2
- CBTG1240 Millroom Operations 2
- CBTG1250 Production Woodwork 4
- CBTG2311 Cabinet Layout and Design 3
- CBTG2320 Cabinet Joinery 3
- CBTG2331 Cabinet Fabrication 4
- CBTG2361 Frameless Cabinetry 4
- CBTG2410 Furniture Design 2
- CBTG2421 Furniture Joinery 4
- CBTG2430 Furniture Fabrication 4
- CBTG2450 Solid Surface Fabrication 2
- Choose three credits of General Education from MnTC Goal Area 1 3
- Choose six credits of General Education from any two different MnTC Goal Areas 2-10 6
- Hennepin Technical College’s 2000-level general education courses meet the guidelines of the Minnesota Transfer Curriculum (MnTC).
Academic Planning Guide:
Apply Now Search Awards Search Courses