PORTRAIT AND WEDDING PHOTOGRAPHY
- Program: Professional Photography
- Degree: Diploma
- Credits: Total Diploma Credits 54
- Academic Planning Guide:
The portrait and wedding photographer needs a sound photographic education with special emphasis on people skills, good personal sales ability and a strong sense of `dynamic timing` coupled with studio and location lighting skills. Portrait/wedding photographers work one-on-one with clients and often on weddings with photographer assistants. Portraiture can be general in nature or may offer a broad scope of specialization within the field. Some of the specialization could include such areas as glamour, classical, casual, romantic, fantasy, fad, illustrative or humorous styles of portraiture.
The courses of study in the Portrait and Wedding Photography diploma are designed to prepare the graduate for many exciting career options, including working as an assistant in an established portrait and wedding photography studio, working in a large scale corporate portrait studio system or, with additional experience, setting up their own studio.
- Exhibit professional and ethical behavior.
- Produce a photographic portfolio.
- Communicate effectively with clients.
- Think critically in solving problems.
- Demonstrate technical proficiency in the use of professional photographic equipment.
- Demonstrate proficiency in the use of photographic software programs.
- Utilize photographic light modifying devices.
- Demonstrate photographic workflow proficiency.
- Create highest quality photographic images.
- Develop a personal photographic style.
- Understand role and function as part of a creative team.
- PRPO1012 Introduction to Professional Photography 3
- PRPO1051 Ambient Lighting Controls 3
- PRPO1071 Photographic Design 2
- PRPO1170 Photographer`s Assistant 3
- PRPO1242 Portraiture I 3
- PRPO1290 Location Flash Photography 3
- PRPO1400 Digital Darkroom I 3
- PRPO1800 Digital Darkroom II 3
- PRPO2100 Digital Darkroom III 3
- PRPO2402 Portraiture II 3
- PRPO2410 Business of Photography 2
- PRPO2460 Wedding Photography 3
- PRPO2530 Portraiture III 3
- PRPO2580 Professional Photography Internship I 2
- PRPO2822 Professional Photography Portfolio 3
- Any PRPO course that is not required for this award may be used as an elective.
- Any HTC college level general education course may be used to satisfy the elective requirement.