- Program: Interactive Design Video Production
- Degree: Occupational Certificate
- Credits: Total Occupational Certificate Credits 25
- Academic Planning Guide:
This certificate provides training for setup, operation and preventative maintenance of multimedia equipment including sound systems, video and computer presentation equipment, speaker support and lighting equipment. These positions often require communication with presenters and other personnel to facilitate the use of media. It is necessary to have good problem solving skills, work well under pressure and have the ability to lift and move heavy equipment.
Primary employers include conference and convention centers, hotels and rental agencies, but any company or educational institution that has presentation facilities may also be a possible employer. Schedules may vary because of the seven day per week, as well as the evening operation of those facilities.
- Demonstrate proficiency with industry-standard media production hardware and software.
- Demonstrate production workflows.
- Develop creative solutions with visual and audio techniques.
- Understand roles and function as a part of a production team.
- Apply legal and ethical principles to personal, social, and professional behaviors.
- Any MGDP -or- MMVP course that is not required for this award may be used as an elective. Recommended:
- MMVP2650 Interactive Design Video Production Internship (one to 8cr.)