VIDEO PRODUCTION SPECIALIST
- Program: Interactive Design Video Production
- Degree: Diploma
- Credits: Total Diploma Credits 64
- Academic Planning Guide:
The Video Production Specialist will perform an ever-changing variety of tasks from writing scripts, shooting video and lighting, to digital non-linear editing. This person must have an understanding and ability to work with the latest technologies. Computers are a common tool and the Video Specialist must not only be creative, but have a technical grasp of new and evolving hardware and software applications as they relate to video.
A Video Production Specialist has the potential for finding employment in the following areas: video production and animation houses, multimedia, CD and web development companies, law firms, training departments in large and mid-size corporations, hospitals, television broadcast and cable stations. Related positions can also be found in sales as account executives for production companies or equipment rental suppliers/vendors.
- Produce media solutions for clients.
- Analyze end-user needs.
- Demonstrate proficiency with industry-standard media production hardware and software.
- Demonstrate production workflows.
- Develop creative solutions with visual and audio techniques.
- Understand roles and function as a part of a production team.
- Develop positive and accurate written communications.
- Apply legal and ethical principles to personal, social, and professional behaviors.
- MMVP1500 Concepts of Interactive Media 3
- MMVP1505 Introduction to Visual Communications 3
- MMVP1511 Production Planning 4
- MMVP1562 Audio for Media 3
- MMVP1600 Introduction to Video Production 4
- MMVP1605 Videography and Directing 4
- MMVP1700 DSLR Video Production 3
- MMVP2001 Advanced Lighting 3
- MMVP2550 Video Field Production 3
- MMVP2560 After Effects 3
- MMVP2600 Digital Post Production 4
- MMVP2605 Corporate Video Production 4
- MMVP2610 Avid Non-Linear Editing 3
- MMVP2641 Portfolio Production 3
- MGDP1230 Photoshop 3