RESIDENTIAL HEATING, VENTILATION AND AIR CONDITIONING
- Program: Heating, Ventilation, Air Conditioning and Refrigeration
- Degree: Diploma
- Credits: Total Diploma Credits 35
- Academic Planning Guide:
Trained, highly skilled personnel are needed for the exciting new technological demands of the residential heating, ventilation and air conditioning industry. Independent and critical thinking men and women instilled with troubleshooting and electrical control circuit skills are vital for the future installation and servicing of residential HVAC equipment. Prospective technicians will also master the intricacies of the newest residential energy management controls and indoor air quality equipment.
Employment is available in management, sales, service and the installation and maintenance of residential HVAC equipment. Qualified graduates can be employed as installers, quality control technicians, service technicians, manufacturer`s representatives, sales consultants, layout persons, and designers.
- Obtain OSHA 30 Certification.
- Obtain the EPS Section 608 Refrigerant Handling License.
- Practice human relation skills.
- Demonstrate basic tool usage.
- Apply mathematical, reading, and communication skills essential to the HVAC industry.
- Troubleshoot electrical motors.
- Troubleshoot control circuits for refrigeration and A/C equipment.
- Troubleshoot gas heating equipment.
- HVAC1000 Electrical Circuits 3
- HVAC1005 OSHA 30-Hour Construction Safety Training 2
- HVAC1010 1PH Motors and Auxiliary Controls 2
- HVAC1020 Tube and Pipe Fabrication 2
- HVAC1030 Sheet Metal 2
- HVAC1040 Basic Refrigeration 4
- HVAC1050 Refrigerant Transition and Recovery 1
- HVAC1071 Gas Heat Systems 4
- HVAC1110 Electrical Diagrams 2
- HVAC1120 Psychrometrics 1
- HVAC1140 Central Air Conditioners 3
- HVAC1146 Residential Heat Pumps 2
- HVAC1151 Hydronic Heat Systems 2
- MATH1007 Math for the Trades 2
- Any HTC college level general education course may be used to satisfy the elective requirement.