HENNEPIN TECH SEEKS DEAN OF ENROLLMENT SERVICES
Hennepin Technical College seeks a Dean of Enrollment Services dedicated to excellence in career and technical education who desires to become part of an environment that values trust, integrity, pride, passion, respect, collaboration, innovation, continuous improvement, and diversity. The successful candidate will demonstrate a commitment to embrace quality and innovation in career and technical education, workforce development, and lifelong learning.
Hennepin Technical College is a student-centered two-year technical college whose mission is to provide excellence in career and technical education for employment and advancement in an ever-changing global environment. Campuses located in the suburban Minneapolis communities of Brooklyn Park and Eden Prairie and a site in Bloomington provides students educational options in over 45 career areas. Annually over 9,000 students, which equates to approximately 4000 FYE, enroll in credit-based courses (source IPEDS). The college awards A.A.S. degrees, diplomas, and certificates. An additional 9400 students enroll in hour-based courses provided by Customized Training Services (CTS). The CTS division provides contract training to over 400 business and 14,000 individuals throughout the United States annually. HTC employs over 800 full and part-time staff and has an annual budget of approximately $70 million.
Examples of Duties:
This position provides overall leadership of all enrollment service functions, including: admissions, admissions advising, outreach and college readiness, counseling, assessment, registration and records and financial aid. The Dean position involves significant discretion and substantial involvement in the development, interpretation and implementation of college policies and procedures that relate to students in accordance with campus, MnSCU, state, and federal policies.
- Master’s Degree in education, student personnel or related field
- Minimum of 3 years related work experience in Student Affairs
- Minimum of 3 years of successful supervisory experience
- Demonstrated leadership experience in higher education
- Understanding and experience working with laws, policies and regulations related to student affairs functions, such as ADA, FERPA, MnSCU policy and procedures, student records, retention, and advising
- Effective interpersonal skills, verbal and written communication skills, responsive decision making, and creative problem solving as a leader and manager
- Supervisory/administrative experience in a post-secondary educational setting at a two-year college
- Strong supervisory skills to effectively manage and motivate employees across departments and campuses
- Experience in working with developing, analyzing, and administering department budgets
You must apply online and attach an electronic cover letter, references and copy of your transcript(s) to your online application in order to be considered for this position. References will not be contacted unless you become a finalist. Paper applications and resumes will not be considered. Application Procedures:
Application Deadline: First review of applicants will begin December 1, 2014 and continue until filled.
Expected Start Date: January 26, 2015
Last updated by jlaabs : 2015-05-27 08:23:11