MNSCU ADOPTS BOLD STRATEGIES FOR INCREASING ACCESS, AFFORDABILITY, AND EXCELLENCE
The Board of Trustees of Minnesota State Colleges and Universities today voted to adopt a set of recommendations that call for the 31 colleges and universities to significantly increase collaboration to improve access, increase affordability and better serve students.
“Our colleges and universities are committed to providing access to an extraordinary education for all Minnesotans, to being the partner of choice to meet workforce and community needs across our state, and to delivering the highest value / most cost effective education in the state,” said MnSCU Chancellor Steven Rosenstone. “To deliver on these commitments and effectively deal with the challenges facing higher education requires bold, new strategies and changing the way we work together. Forging deeper collaboration among our colleges and universities represents a tremendous opportunity for improving the way we serve students and communities across Minnesota.”
The six recommendations to increase access, affordability, excellence, and service by forging deeper collaboration and maximizing the collective strengths of MnSCU’s 31 colleges and universities are:
- Dramatically increase the success of all learners, especially those in diverse populations.
- Develop collaborative academic planning that advances affordability, transferability, and access.
- Certify student competencies and accelerate degree completion through credit for prior learning and competency-based credit and degrees.
- Expand the use of technology to deliver high quality online courses as well as technology enhanced instruction, student services, and individualized learning and advising.
- Deliver comprehensive workplace solutions to build employee skills and solve real-world problems for communities and businesses across the state.
- Redesign financial and administrative models to reward collaboration, drive efficiencies, and strengthen access to an extraordinary education for all Minnesotans.
Hennepin Technical College is a proud member of the Minnesota State Colleges and Universities System.
Minnesota State Colleges and Universities Chancellor Steven Rosenstone joins The Daily Circuit to talk about potentially sweeping changes to the MnSCU system that were approved by school trustees
Last updated by admin : 2014-01-10 15:11:38