FINANCIAL AID HELP SESSIONS
What are Financial Aid Help Sessions?
Financial Aid Help Sessions are an opportunity for students to begin the financial aid process by getting assistance with filling out the FAFSA. We also assist students who have an award letter with the loan application process.
Register for a Financial Aid Help Session
You should check in at the Enrollment Services front desk upon arrival. You may be asked to come back another day if you arrive late or do not bring all the necessary information. If you are unable to attend a session you have signed up for, please call 952-995-1300 to cancel your reservation.
- Social Security Number
- Driver's license or other photo ID
- If not a U.S. citizen, alien registration card
FSA ID (student and parent if under the age of 24)
- The FSA ID can be created at fsaid.ed.gov (the FSA ID is different from your eServices log in)
Federal income taxes for 2016 including W-2s
- If a dependent student, parents' federal income taxes for 2016 including W-2s
- Parents are welcome to attend as they need to sign your FAFSA
- Savings, investments, and business and farm asset information
Dependent students will need their parents to sign their FAFSA preferably by using the parent's FSA ID. If parents are not present at the Financial Aid Help Session, the FAFSA will not be able to be submitted. The parent will need to sign the FAFSA at a later date.