- foot and vehicle patrol services
- parking enforcement
- incident and emergency response
- customer service requests (escorts, theft reports, lost and found)
- Lock your car
- Bring valuables with you
- Brooklyn Park Campus: 763-238-5530
- Eden Prairie Campus: 763-238-5533
The Career Services Office is a job preparation and employment resource connection. We serve current and prospective students, alumni, employers, and parents. Career Services is a lifelong service available to you!
We strive to provide students with the knowledge, skills, and resources necessary to be successful in their job search by helping them develop confidence and independence in reaching their employment goals. We also provide a variety of services to support students and alumni in meeting their goals including:
- Local job postings and resume posting on the CCN Student Job Search
- Cover letter and resume writing development
- Interviewing techniques
- Job fairs
- Online employment resource guide
- Cheryl Benkofske, Director of Career Services
- Phone: 763-488-2411
Center for Student Achievement
Math & Writing Center
- Free walk-in tutoring
- Staffed by trained peer tutors, professional tutors, and faculty
- Individual sessions, group sessions, and workshops
Math Center Contact Information:
- Room G227
- Room D125
Writing Center Contact Information
- Room G221
- Room D125
Learning Resource Center
The Learning Resource Center (LRC) provides a supportive learning environment in which students can receive free individual or group tutoring from professional or peer tutors for
- technical program courses
- general education courses including math and writing
- developmental education courses
- study skills
The LRC is a free service available to all students at HTC.
- Room G241-249
- Room E150
Counseling and Advising
- Assist students and prospective students in obtaining information and resources necessary for attaining academic, career, and personal goals
- Meet students individually to review accuplacer test results for proper course selection
- Serve as a student advocate while upholding the academic integrity of the college
- Ensure that the college environment is beneficial to the educational and emotional development of students
To make an appointment with a Counselor or Advisor, call the number below:
- Brooklyn Park Campus: 763-488-2579
- Eden Prairie Campus: 952-995-1450
Hennepin Technical College offers reasonable accommodations to qualified students with disabilities.
If you have a documented disability that may require accommodations, contact the college’s Disability Services Director:
- Brooklyn Park Campus - 763-488-2477
- Eden Prairie Campus - 952-995-1544
Goals + Plans = Success
- Career - Job search advice, links to career search document samples and job search web sites
- Education - Academic success tips, continuing your education, creating an educational plan
- Finance - Financing your education, financial freedom, saving and budgeting
- Leadership - Understanding leadership styles, develop leadership skills, team building exercises
- Personal - Stress management, adjusting to college, healthy lifestyles
GPS Lifeplan eFolio:
- Create a web-based professional portfolio
- Demonstrate your tech savvy with employers and colleagues
- Showcase your achievement and accomplishments
- Available to HTC students and all State of Minnesota residents
- eFolio can be changed/enhanced to reflect career and life updates
• The library has over 42,000 full-text online journals; 150,000+ online books; and thousands more print books, DVDs, and streaming academic videos.
• All of these resources are accessible on the library website: http://www.hennepintech.edu/library.
• Call or stop in to activate the barcode on your student ID card. Once activated, you can view all online library resources from off-campus.
• In addition, you can also checkout:
– Laptops – 2-day checkout
– Textbooks – 4-hour checkout
– iPads – 4-hour checkout
– Kindles – 3-week checkout
– Quiet Study Rooms – 2 or more people, 2-hour checkout (with option to renew for 1 additional hour).
• Hours for Fall & Spring Semester
– 7:30am-8:30pm (Mon-Thurs.)
– 7:30am-4pm (Fri.)
– Saturday & Sunday: CLOSED
• Questions or need research help? Ask the Librarian: email@example.com or visit the library to talk to one of the knowledgeable library staff.
Student Computer Lab
- A great place to do your homework & access the internet!
- Monday - Thursday: 7:30am - 8:30pm
- Friday: 7:30am-4:00pm
- Saturday and Sunday CLOSED
TRIO Student Support Services
Services offered to those who qualify:
- One-on-one tutoring and academic skill building
- Academic, Career, and Personal advising
- 4-year college/university visits and assistance in transferring
- Financial Literacy and assistance in completing FAFSA
- Leaderships conferences
- Social and Culture activities
- Student study space
To find out more about eligibility please:
Call 763-488-2777, email Ask TRIO at firstname.lastname@example.org or stop in the TRIO SSS office Eden Prairie campus – D109 or Brooklyn Park campus – H167
Veterans Resource Center
Locations on both campuses:
- Brooklyn Park Campus - H165
- Eden Prairie Campus - F125
For veterans, current or former military personnel, their family members or significant others.
You can get information on veterans benefits, come in and relax between classes, use the Internet, study, or just get together and talk.
Each campus also hosts a Veterans Student Organization. For more information on how to become active in this organization, contact the Veterans Resource Center on your campus.
Last updated by smarkes : 2016-03-18 13:11:43