BEFORE YOU BEGIN - you must have taken your placement test, or had your testing waived, prior to completing orientation.
Transfer students - If you prefer an in person orientation experience rather than online, please visit www.hennepintech.edu/orientation and choose "yes" when asked if you need assistance deciding which classes to register for". You will then be directed to the list of on campus transfer student orientation options to register for.
Any student: If you need assistance with choosing courses or have advising questions, please set up an appointment with a counselor/advisor. To schedule an appointment with a counselor/advisor, call:
Brooklyn Park Campus 763-488-2579
Eden Prairie Campus 952-995-1450
Also, make sure you have your student ID number. You will need this to include in the form at the end of the online orientation so that we can track that you have completed it. You can find your student ID number on your admissions letter.
What to expect during your Online Orientation:
The goal of new student orientation is to help students successfully transition to Hennepin Technical College (HTC). Students who complete college orientations are more likely to succeed in achieving their educational goals. This orientation is designed to provide you with important information about student college success strategies, resources, financing your education, and understanding our college technology that you need to know.
The entire orientation will take you about 30 minutes. There will be a short quiz at the end of the online orientation and you must get 8 out of 10 answers correct to complete the online orientation. The quiz is made up of information in the online orientation. After the quiz, there is a form for you to enter your first name, last name, email address and student ID number. Be sure to complete the form as this is our record that you have participated in HTC orientation.
You will need to have the most updated web browser version to watch the videos included in this online orientation. Learn more about web browsers and check what version you're currently using at WhatBrowser.org. For instructions on how to upgrade, visit your browser's help resources:
- Make sure the volume is turned up on your speakers-some portions of the presentation have sound.
- Use the words NEXT and BACK at the bottom of each page to move through the Orientation process.
- Once all sections are complete, you may take the quiz.
- Once you pass the quiz with at least 8 answers correct, you will may complete the form with your name, tech ID number and email address. The form is our record that you completed the orientation so please make sure you complete it!
- If you leave orientation before finishing, you will need to start over when you return. You will not be marked as completed orientation until you pass the quiz, complete the form and click submit. You will get an automated email to whatever account you list in the form to show that you are completed with the orientation. If you do not get this email (check your junk mail folder too!), please redo the quiz and resubmit the form.
Last updated by jlauritsen : 2015-05-22 12:17:03