NEWLY ADMITTED INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS - OVERVIEW
Congratulations on your admission to HTC! We look forward to meeting you. Our goal is to assist you in successfully accomplishing your educational goals. The following is a general overview of what an admitted international student must do before and after arriving in the United States:
Before you arrive:
Apply for your student Visa or begin your visa transfer process. See Next Steps.
(Visa transfers are students coming from another U.S. college or university. See link below for more information.)
- HTC does not provide housing assistance. International students are responsible for arranging housing. Research and secure off-campus housing prior to your arrival in the U.S.
- Plan for your expenses and payment of tuition. International students cannot depend on employment in the U.S. for financial support.
- Prepare for your new student orientation.
- Choose your arrival date at least three weeks prior to the start of the semester.
- Plan transportation from the airport.
- Make sure all your documents are in order.
- Meet with the International Advisor immediately upon arrival.
- Complete the Get Started Steps, which include testing, advising, orientation and registration.
- Pay tuition and fees.
- Sign up for health insurance. (Type in "Hennepin" and choose the appropriate school's location)
Last updated by ahalberg : 2017-12-19 09:45:54