PLACEMENT TESTING - ACCUPLACER
You must apply to the college before you schedule testing.
- Reading: You will be asked to read a passage and then answer several questions about the passage.
- Writing: You will be asked to evaluate grammar in a series of sentences.
Mathematics: This portion measures your understanding of arithmetic through problem solving. Skills in operations of whole numbers, fractions, decimals and percentages. Ratios, measurement, and geometry will be assessed.
No handheld calculators are permitted.
- Computer Literacy: If required for your program, computer literacy skills will be assessed.
- Keyboarding: If required for your program, keyboarding skills will be assessed.
ACCUPLACER study information
You may be exempt from taking all or portions of the placement test for the following reasons:
· Completed the ACT/SAT Exams
English : 18+ (expires after 3 years)
Reading : 21+ (expires after 3 years)
Mathematics : 22+ (expires after 2 years)
· Completed ACCUPLACER Math Tests within the last two years
· Completed ACCUPLACER Reading and Sentence Skills Tests within the last three years
**Email ACCUPLACER and/or ACT/SAT scores to Testing@hennepintech.edu
· Received an Associate or Baccalaureate degree
· Completed college level course work with a "C" or better in any of the following academic areas: reading, writing, mathematics, or computer literacy
**Email unofficial transcript to Transfer@hennepintech.edu
**Mail official Transcript to:
Hennepin Technical College
13100 College View Drive
Eden Prairie, MN 55347
Hennepin Technical College Staff may send Test Waiver to students upon review of official or unofficial college transcripts, or ACT/SAT score reports.
Documentation from an appropriate licensed medical practitioner or agency may be required before accommodations can be arranged. There is no fee for this service. Students who need testing accommodations must schedule testing arrangements with the Disability Services Coordinator. Please visit Disability Services for contact information.
- You must bring a Photo ID to your appointment
- If you've received an HTC Test Waiver Checklist, you may bring it with you
The testing office is located in Room H140 at both campuses.
If you can't make it to HTC to take the placement test, here are some other possible options:
- Find a local Community College willing to proctor the exam. Please contact the HTC Testing Center at either campus at 952-995-1300 or Testing@HennepinTech.edu one to two weeks in advance to set up testing with the local Community College. Proctor fees apply, which you are responsible to pay to the local College.
- Virtual proctoring with B Virtual. This requires a quiet, undisturbed testing environment, strong internet access and a webcam. Please contact the HTC Testing Center at either campus at 952-995-1300 or Testing@HennepinTech.edu one to two weeks in advance to set up your B Virtual account. Proctor fees apply, which you are responsible to pay to B Virtual.
NOTE: With either of these options, we will set up a phone or Skype appointment for you with an HTC Advisor after testing has been completed.
Schedule Your ACCUPLACER Placement Test
Have you applied to Hennepin Technical College?
Last updated by mvang : 2016-06-02 17:49:40