1. Apply for Admission

  • New students should submit their high school transcript or GED certificate.
  • Transfer students should submit their college transcript(s) from previously attended colleges.
  • Visiting students can follow the course registration process online.


More Information:
International  |  Law Enforcement  |  PSEO  |  Transfer


2. Apply for Financial Aid

  • Financial aid is available for students who qualify. Access to grants, loans,
    scholarships, and/or work study begins by completing the Free Application for
    Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
  • Please apply early to allow time for processing.
  • Students must have a high school diploma, GED, or its equivalent in order to receive financial aid funds.

Hennepin Technical College's FAFSA School Code is 010491.



More Information:
Financial Aid  |  Payment Options  |  Scholarships  |  Tuition & Fees  |  Veterans


3. Complete Placement Testing

  • Schedule your ACCUPLACER® placement testing appointment.
  • You may be exempt from some or all of your placement tests under certain conditions:
    • If you have previously taken college courses, your college transcripts may be reviewed for possible placement test waiver(s).
    • See, "Who does not need to take the Assessments?" on the Placement Testing page for more possible exemptions.

Placement Testing


4. Complete New Student Orientation

  • Once your placement testing requirements have been met, you are ready for New Student Orientation.



5. Register for Classes

  • When you have completed the steps above, you are ready to register for classes!


More Information:
Academic Planning Guides  |  Registration

Last updated by ahalberg : 2017-11-30 12:09:25