DATES: 12 sessions starting May 27, 2015
Kick start your future with a career in healthcare
This 148-hour class is intended for those who have no experience and want to become employed as a Phlebotomy Technician in a clinical laboratory, medical clinic or public health department setting. The course includes 48 hours of classroom training and a 100-hour arranged clinical externship to provide you with a complete learning experience.
- Phlebotomy equipment and procedures
- Blood collection by venipuncture and capillary punctures
- Basic anatomy as it relates to blood collection
- Safety procedures
- Professional ethics and liability
You must be able to stand most of an 8 hour shift and pass a Background Check.*
—Registration will only be accepted if ALL of the following are provided:
1.) Medical documentation that all of the following immunizations are current:
- Hep B
- Seasonal influenza
2.) Before registering, you must pass the Phlebotomy Pretest to assess basic reading comprehension and listening skills. This multiple choice test takes approximately one hour. There is no fee for this Pretest. Call the HTC testing center at 952.995.1547 to schedule the Phlebotomy Pretest.
3.) Payment in full.
* Background Check: Minnesota Law requires that any person who provides services that involve direct contact with patients have a background study conducted by the state. An individual who is disqualified from having direct patient contact as a result of the background study, and whose disqualification is not set aside by the Commissioner of Health, will not be permitted to participate in a clinical placement in a Minnesota licensed health care facility. The college will withdraw any student who is disqualified by the Minnesota Department of Health. The student is responsible for requesting the Commissioner to reconsider the disqualification.
Katherine Stanley - firstname.lastname@example.org
Angela Dahlin - email@example.com
Registration: This course will not be open for registration until late May. If you wish to be notified when the course is open for registration, please call 952.995.1330 to be the Notification list.
CTS Featured Programs
CTS Social Media
Last updated by lgoff : 2014-12-29 13:18:49