Get involved and make a difference at HTC! Expand your college experience beyond the classroom by getting involved in the clubs, organizations, and activities available on campus.
CLUBS & ORGANIZATIONS
Recognized clubs and organizations at HTC
- Anime Club (BPC - Adivsor - John McCaffrey
- Audio Club (EPC) - Advisor - Matt Holmes
- Child Development Club (BPC) - Advisor - Debbi Schierbeck
- Culinary Club (BPC) - Advisor - Dave Eisenreich
- Deaf Club (BPC) - Advisor - Sherelyn Chellin
- Dental Assistant Club (EPC) - Advisor - Susan Thaemert
- Fire/EMS First Responders Club (EPC) - Advisor - Kai Hjermstad
- Fluid Power Club Brooklyn Park (BPC) - Advisor - Jeannine Uehling
- Fluid Power Club Eden Prairie (EPC) - Advisor - Ernie Parker
- Ford Masters Club at Hennepin Technical College (BPC) - Advisor - Drew Goddard
- Hennepin Technical College IOPP Student Chapter (EPC) - Advisors - Jeff Thorstad & Tom Gillespie
- Images Photography Club (EPC) - Advisor - Tim Gray
- Latino Club (Both campuses) - Advisor - Yolanda Martinez-Pineda
- Media Storm (BPC) - Advisor - Rich Oxley
- Student Nurses Who Care Student Club (Both campuses) - Advisor- Becky Mikesh
- Petal Pushers Floral Design Club (BPC) - Advisor - Tiffany Hammond
- Phi Theta Kappa (Both campuses) - Advisors - Susan Parry, Jeremy Clark & Rebecca Walker
- Skills USA (Both campuses) - BP Advisor - Duane Rasmussen EP Advisor - Andy Thul
- Unity Club (BPC) - Advisor - Monica Erling
- Veterans' Club (Both campuses) - BP Advisor - Sara Laviolette EP Advisor - Cheryl Benkofske
Join a Club
Interested in joining a club at HTC? Complete this form and we will send the club contact your information!
STUDENT LIFE CENTER
The Student Life Center is located in room F120 on each campus and offers students a place to relax, socialize, or study between classes. In the Student Life Center you will find Student Ambassadors as a resource as well as the Student Senate office.
- Weekly Events - Student Ambassadors organize weekly events for students. All events are FREE and are set up for students to come as you can and leave when you need.
Food Basket - The Food Basket is open to all Hennepin Tech students and provides ready-to-eat food/snacks.
The Food Cupboard is open to all NHCC students and provides ready-to-eat food, staple supplies, as well as supplementary items such as toothpaste and shampoo. We also help students access other community resourc - See more at: http://www.nhcc.edu/student-resources/food-cupboard#sthash.bTdI5gxJ.dpuf
The Food Cupboard is open to all NHCC students and provides ready-to-eat food, staple supplies, as well as supplementary items such as toothpaste and shampoo. We also help students access other community resources.
Please make checks payable to the "NHCC Foundation" and include "Food Cupboard" in the memo. Send to: NHCC Foundation Office, 7411 85th Avenue North, Brooklyn Park, MN 55445
Non-perishable donations can be dropped off at the Diversity and Equity Office in CBT 167. Desired food items include:
Healthy boxed cereals
- Instant and regular oatmeal
- Rice (12 oz packages)
- Canned Meats ( Spam, Beef, Chicken)
- 1 liter bottles of juice
- Cereal Bars and Granola Bars
- Instant boxed dinners
Needed supplementary items include:
- Body Wash
STUDENT EXPERIENCE TEAM
The Student Ambassador position is transitioning to the title of Student Experience Team for the 2016-2017 school year. The Student Experience Team is a group of select students who are dedicated to positively representing Hennepin Technical College (HTC) as peer mentors, managers of the Student Life Center, student guides, and assistants in the planning and execution of campus activities and events.
STUDENT LIFE BOARD
The Student Life Board is responsible for the establishment of policies and procedures as they relate to the allocation of Student Life and Student Activity fees at Hennepin Technical College.
The Student Senate is responsible for coordinating student activities on campus. Recommendations for improving the educational and social aspects of campus life may be submitted through the Student Senate. Each program is encouraged to have representatives participate in the Student Senate. All meetings are open to everyone and are on Wednesdays at noon (except during breaks and in the summer). All students are encouraged to participate in the Student Senate. The Student Senate Office is located in F121 (inside the Student Life Center) on each campus.
Last updated by jlauritsen : 2016-04-28 12:06:18