TUITION - FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS (FAQS)
1. Who sets the rates charged for tuition?
2 What do the fees pay for?
3. I'm done registering. How much do I owe?
4. Can I mail or fax in a credit card number?
5. Can I pay online using a checking or savings account?
6. Is paying online safe?
7. How can I check to see if my online payment posted to my account?
8. What happens if I don't pay today?
9. Can I make a partial payment?
1. Hennepin Technical College is a member institution of the Minnesota State College and Universities (MnSCU) System. As such, approximately 70 percent of the cost of education is funded through state appropriation of tax dollars. The remaining 30 percent is covered by tuition and fee revenue. The college, in consultation with students, establishes tuition and fee rates for each academic year and the MnSCU Board of Trustees approves these rates.
As of October 25, 2013 Hennepin Technical College will no longer be charging a $20 application fee.
Student Life Fee/Student Association Fee
Each student pays a student life fee of $2.40 per credit, up to a maximum of $31.20 per semester as established by the Student Senate. This fee supports the activities of the Student Senate and the Student Life Board. Each student also currently pays a state student association fee of $0.31 per credit. This fee is authorized by MN statute and set each year by the association.
All students are required to pay a parking fee if they park a vehicle on campus. The fee is $3.00 per credit, including sales tax, up to a maximum of $45.00 per semester. Students taking CEU courses pay $3.00 per CEU.
Each student registered for credit courses will be assessed a technology fee of $9.00 per credit each semester.
Application for Award Processing Fee
A $25 non-refundable processing fee must be paid prior to submitting the Application for Award form to the Registrar's Office. One fee per term will be collected should a student file more than one Application for Award form. The fee is used to offset the cost of graduation.
Non-Sufficient Funds (NSF) Check Fees
There will be a $20 service charge for all checks returned for non-sufficient funds or other reasons.
Other Fees/Late Fees
Other fees may be charged during the school year. A $50.00 late fee will be charged to overdue accounts.
Books, Tools and Other Costs
The college furnishes modern, up-to-date equipment in its lab areas. Materials to work on projects may also be provided. Students must purchase books, personal tools, other supplies and special clothing if required.
5. Online payments can be made directly from a checking or savings account. Pay Online.
6. The online payment system developers went to great lengths to protect personal information provided by its customers. All components of the process use only secure connections. The complete process, from request to actual posting of the payment is encrypted. Additionally, no personal information is stored on the system. It is only passed through to the processor for verification. The complete process has been reviewed by security experts and deemed to be secure.
8. It is the college's policy to cancel courses for non-payment of tuition. For more information see the college's Tuition Payment Policy.
Last updated by lreinke : 2015-05-05 11:37:01