What is Student Senate?
The Student Senate is the Campus Student Organization as define by the Minnesota State Colleges and Universities (MNSCU) policy 2.1. The policy assigns the following duties to the Student Senate:
- That the Student Senate is the official representative for all students
- That the Senate has the sole authority to recommend the chartering of all clubs to the President of the College
MNSCU Policy 2.3 and 2.3.1, and 2.8.1, that the Student Senate has the authority to appoint students, to all college committees, such as Finance, Policy, and Facilities. The policies also require the administration to consult with the Student Senate.
Student Senate 101
As well as representing students, the Student Senate members are actively involved with the Minnesota State College Student Association. The Association serves to add the Student Senates as well as lobbying the Legislature and MNSCU. Read more on their webpage at www.mscsa.org.
To become a voting member of the Student Senate, attend two consecutive meetings.
Commonly asked questions:
What is the Student Senate?
The HTC Student Senate is the voice of the student body in matters affecting student activities. It exists to initiate consideration of student problems, and to communicate action or recommendation to the designated school authorities.
Who can be a part of Student Senate?
Any full-time or part-time students taking one credit at Hennepin Tech.
Why should I join Student Senate?
Getting involved in any club or organization can be one of the greatest, most rewarding experiences you will have while you are in college. By joining Student Senate you will have the opportunity to:
- Network and socialize with students, staff, faculty and administrators
- Build experience for your resume.
- Gain invaluable skills for future employment.
- Build social skills by interacting with people from different cultures and backgrounds.
- Enhance communication skills.
- Develop leadership skills by learning to take responsibility and manage challenges.
- Make friends and have fun!
If you would like to be involved, please join us for a meeting on Wednesday’s at noon every other week or contact us:
Eden Prairie Campus – email@example.com
Brooklyn Park Campus – firstname.lastname@example.org
Last updated by bhucka : 2017-08-22 13:39:40