Student Complaint & Grievance Process
  1. Hennepin Technical College takes student complaints and grievances seriously. If you have a complaint about Hennepin Technical College, we encourage you to utilize the Institution’s Student Complaint and Grievance Process as outlined in Policy 3.8 Student Complaints and Grievances found on the Policy and Procedure page by completing and submitting the Student Concern, Complaint or Grievance Form  If your grievance involves a Board Policy, the actions of the Hennepin Technical College President, an issue of institutional or program quality such as an institution’s compliance with the standards of an accrediting or licensing agency, or a claim of consumer fraud or deceptive trade practices, you may appeal to the MnSCU System Office pursuant to the above policy and procedure. The contact information for the MnSCU System Office is: Academic and Student Affairs, MnSCU System Office, Wells Fargo Place, 30 7th Street E, Suite 350, St. Paul, MN 55101-7804.
  2. Hennepin Technical College is part of the Minnesota State Colleges and Universities System (MnSCU) of public two and four year institutions of higher education designated by Minnesota Statutes Chapter 136F and governed by the Board of Trustees of the Minnesota State College and Universities. Hennepin Technical College is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools (HLC). If you wish to file a complaint about Hennepin Technical College with the HLC, you may do so by contacting: Higher Learning Commission, 230 S. LaSalle Street, Suite 7-500, Chicago, IL 60604-1413.
  3. The above processes do not apply to other complaints or grievances subject to different procedures specified in board, college, or university policies, procedures, or other regulations, including:
  1. Student Consumer Complaint Process:  Pursuant to the United States Department of Education’s Program Integrity Rule, institutions providing online education are required to provide all prospective and current students contact information of the state agency or agencies that handle complaints against postsecondary education institutions offering distance learning within that state.
  • We encourage you to seek resolution to any concerns by discussing them informally with a staff member at the College.  If a complaint cannot be handled informally, Hennepin Technical College students are encouraged to use our College’s complaint process, outlined in Policy 3.8 Student Complaints and Grievances found on the Policy and Procedure page.
  • If a complaint cannot be resolved at the College level, you may contact the Minnesota Office of Higher Education. If you reside in another state, you may contact your local state agency (PDF) for further information.

Last updated by dpeterson : 2016-08-12 16:05:48